Customer service is an essential aspect of dentistry. In the past, a dental practice could be seen as being a great dental practice because it provided outstanding dental care. Times have changed, and a dental practice not only wants to provide outstanding dental care, but it also wants to outweigh the competition when it comes to providing customer service.
Many dental practices want to set themselves apart from what is seen as normal; they want to provide customer service that will "blow their patients away". There are so many dental practices that do provide outstanding services, but if patients do not like how they are treated by the customer service providers, they will find another dental provider.
When you provide dental services and customer service that "blows your patients away", this means you will go above and beyond to providing an exceptional experience every time a patient walks into your office. While it is critical that you make a great first impression, you want your patients to receive that same type of treatment during each visit.
When you have great customer service in the beginning, you will want to continue having that outstanding service because of the number of satisfied patients you have. You not only want to simply meet the expectations of your patients. Patients have become more demanding because they expect so much more from you as a dental provider.
Your customer service should be everything that your practice stands for. You should not just have great customer service because it is what customers expect. You should have great customer service because it is something you enjoy doing. Your customer service should be who you are as a dental provider.
You do not want your patients to just be satisfied with the services they are receiving, especially if their expectations are already low because of what they have experienced in the past. Having patients who are satisfied is no longer enough to keep them coming back to your dental provider. If you truly want to have a successful practice, you need to create a setting that will exceed the expectations of your patients.
One of the best ways to make patients love your dental practice is to provide more than they are expecting. The patients will already have expectations when they walk into your office, but you can surpass those expectations by doing the following:
- Always meet their expectations. Give them what they are looking for.
- Exceed those expectations. When you exceed the expectations that your patients have, you will begin hearing praise and credit for the outstanding job you have done.
- If you cannot deliver something, do not promise it. If you make a promise to deliver less than you can actually give them and eventually give them more than you promised, your patients will appreciate the outstanding job you have done.
How Can Great Customer Service Be Delivered?
- Make sure your customer service team is properly trained so they will be able to deliver outstanding service each and every day.
- Create a slogan that your patients will never forget. Whatever your customer service slogan is, you should make sure you stand by that slogan.
- Create a survey for your patients. You may be surprised at how many of your patients will be willing to give their feedback. You want to know what is working and what is not working.
- Never stop learning. Regardless of how much information you know, there is always more to learn.
- When your patients are talking to you, it is important that you always listen. When your patients are talking to you, give them their opportunity to speak without any interruptions.
Do you have the type of customer service that will "blow your customers away"?