Kelly's Six Month Smiles® Story #3
by 6monthsmiles, on 6/23/15 10:14 AM
Hey all, it's Kelly! Today is the day! After years of crooked and crowded lower teeth, I'll be receiving Six Month Smile Clear Braces. Finally, the smile I've always wanted. I can't wait!
I woke up excited, indulged in some chips & salsa and made my way into my appointment. (I won't be having chips for a few months, so I figured - better get the last bit in!)
Video #3: My Six Month Smiles® Experience
- Thoughts Before My Appointment
- First Week, Food Stock List
- Appointment Started with Regular Cleaning
- Created Space Between Teeth Using "Diamond Strip"
- Braces On! (In Less Than 30 Minutes)
- Review of Recommended Products
As mentioned in my last post, I should be all finished by Christmas!
Overall, the braces on process was pretty easy, painless, and quick. I don’t think it took longer than 30 minutes and it may sound funny to say, but I barely even knew Dr. Rubenshtein was placing my braces!
My mouth was not sore after day one, which was unexpected. Now, the morning after, it is still not sore at all, so that’s good! It sure does feel different to have braces on! It's going to take some getting used to, but so worth it!
As mentioned, I was given some special toothpaste called Prevident 5000 and told me to use that to build up the enamel again on those teeth that got filed and some mouth rinse called Oxyfresh. Lastly, some wax to put on the braces if they start bothering the inside of my lip at all. I just purchased a Waterpik and will start using that too (Thanks, Carol!)
I recieved some written instructions, which included tips about what not to eat, how to floss with the braces on, to take ibuprofen if I’m sore, etc.
Great experience so far!
Just a bit of “business" as before:
- Feel free to leave comments and questions - I’ll do my best to reply quickly. In the mean time, download the free patient brochure to learn everything you need to know about Six Month Smiles®.
- If you are curious about cost, check out their unique cost calculator which will be helpful.
- Lastly, if you're interested in a new smile like me, the Free Smile Assessment Tool will help you decide if Six Month Smiles is right for you.